Problems checking ssl

Alex Huth a.huth at tmr.net
Fri Aug 21 09:54:09 CEST 2009

Hi!

I am having problems with checking ssl. On the commandline everything works
like expected (because i am new to nagios i hope so ;) ). When i implement
this in the files, i get a socket timeout. I have checked the string on the
commandline and in the files several times, but can't see any difference.

Here is what i have done:

commandline: /adm/libexec/nagios/check_http -ssl -I <IP> -H
www.xxx.de -u /index.html/kontakt/kontaktformular.html -f follow

Result: HTTP OK HTTP/1.0 200 OK - 0.016 second response time
|time=0.016387s;;;0.000000 size=55684B;;;0

services.cfg:

define service{
        name                    https-xxx
        service_description     HTTPS xxx
        use                     1234-service-with-perfdata
        hostgroup_name          1234.frontend-webservers
        check_command
check_https_vhost!www.xxx.de!/index.html/kontakt/kontaktformular.html
        }

commands.cfg:

define command{
    command_name    check_https_vhost
    command_line    $USER1$/check_http -ssl -I $HOSTADDRESS$ -H $ARG1$ -u
$ARG2$ -f follow
}

Any idea where i made a mistake or what is going wrong?

Thx

Alex