external_command_buffer_slots??

Ryan Bowlby rbowlby83 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 01:57:16 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

 I joined the list just for this!

A google search of "external_command_buffer_slots" doesn't provide much beyond the official documentation. Can someone please clarify for me what this directive is actually doing.

Is this buffer internal to Nagios?
The name seems unfortunate because it reminds me of the external command file which obviously can't be increased beyond 4096 without hacking fifo sizes in kernel source.

What downside is there to setting this buffer to say.. 8192 or <?

Can someone describe where in the chain of events check results reside in this buffer?

Thanks Everyone!
Ryan Bowlby