Servicegroups with stats

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Wed Aug 19 13:34:08 CEST 2009

2009/8/18 Alex Huth <a.huth at tmr.net>:
> Hi!
>
> I am really new to Nagios and read the doc and tested some things. Now i want
> to have all webservices (45) grouped together. Not so difficult, but i want to
> see also the stats in this servicegroup.
>
> The main reason is to have a quick overview over the performance of the
> webservices. I don't want to scroll every time in the servicedetails to the
> webserver to see them.
>
> Thanks
> Alex

An excellent way to make graphs of the performance stats is to use
pnp4nagios http://www.pnp4nagios.org/pnp/start

Once you have created some graphs in pnp4nagios, you can group graphs
together in to one either by using pnp's own special templates (
http://www.pnp4nagios.org/pnp/tpl_special ) or you can use the tool
drraw ( http://web.taranis.org/drraw/ ) to create graphs from multiple
sources and web dashboards showing multiple graphs on one page.

I confess I haven't tried pnp's special templates for combining graphs
myself yet, but I do use drraw all the time for bringing graphs from
various sources together in to one graph or one dashboard.  The
version I use is a pnp-specific fork of drraw at
http://github.com/perldork/drraw-pnp/tree/master .

hth,

Jim