post upgrade issue (to 3.2)

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Aug 17 19:16:40 CEST 2009

On Aug 17, 2009, at 11:08 AM, Tomasz Zajączkowski wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if you could help me. I upgraded 3.1.2 to 3.2 this
> week. I moved all hosts/services files from the system and wanted to
> start from scratch. I created bunch of .cfg files one for each host
> and despite the template was the same I am receiving:
>
> "
> Warning: Duplicate definition found for host 'gbsr32' (config file '/
> usr/local/nagios/etc/hosts/config/gbsr32.cfg', starting on line 1)

[snip]

> so I am quite amused why I am getting this error while simillar
> config file works fine for rest 30 hosts..?

You have a misconfiguration. You have either --
	- multiple host{} definitions with the host_name of gbsr32
	- the file gbsr32.cfg specified as a cfg_file in nagios.cfg multiple
times
	- the file gbsr32.cfg specified as a cfg_file in nagios.cfg _and_ it
is in a directory structure that you include as a cfg_dir
	- a symlink loop such that the file gbsr32.cfg is seen multiple times
while processing a cfg_dir.

--
Marc