Attempting to compile Nagios 3.1.2 on Solaris 10

Juergen Arndt arndt02 at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 17 17:05:32 CEST 2009

Hi Rich,

edit / patch the configure script like this:

-s, at SOCKETLIBS@,$SOCKETLIBS,;t t
+s, at SOCKETLIBS@,-lnsl -lsocket,;t t

This includes the nsl and socket libraries and your problem should be
solved. Both libs are contained in the package SUNWcsl which is a part of
the Core Solaris, so they should be installed on your system by default.

Editing the configure script is maybe not the best solution but for me it
was the easiest.

Hope that helps,

Juergen

--