searching "howto use snmp"

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Aug 17 16:57:48 CEST 2009

On 08/14/2009 03:26 PM, irado furioso com tudo wrote:
> hi, all
>
> I found (google) lots of crypt information on how to query remote hosts
> about disk usage but none I can understand :(
>
> also, there are no search engine for previouos posts on the subject in
> older lists, so:
>
> can anyone point me WHERE can I found a non-cryptographic information
> on "how to get info on disk usage on remote hosts"?
>
> Nagios 2.12 on FreeBSD 7.2
>
> TIA

Easiest options are either:

1) run NRPE on the remote box, and have the main Nagios machine
communicate with the remote NRPE daemon (using the check_nrpe plugin) to
perform a disk usage check, or

2) same as #1, but using SSH instead of NRPE (using the check_by_ssh plugin)

You can check the --help for both of those plugins for more info, and
there's also a whole document about NRPE up at the Nagios web site.

HTH,

DR