Attempting to compile Nagios 3.1.2 on Solaris 10

Rich Smith rich.smith at queensu.ca
Mon Aug 17 16:48:47 CEST 2009

I'm trying to compile Nagios 3.1.2 on Solaris 10 Sparc.

I've installed the following from sunfreeware.com:

expat-2.0.1-sol10-sparc-local
fontconfig-2.4.2-sol10-sparc-local
freetype-2.3.9-sol10-sparc-local
gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local
gd-2.0.35-sol10-sparc-local
jpeg-7-sol10-sparc-local
libiconv-1.11-sol10-sparc-local
libintl-3.4.0-sol10-sparc-local
libpng-1.2.39-sol10-sparc-local
openssl-0.9.8k-sol10-sparc-local
t1lib-5.1.0-sol10-sparc-local
xpdf-3.02pl3-sol10-sparc-local
xpm-3.4k-sol10-sparc-local
zlib-1.2.3-sol10-sparc-local

env of user: Nagios

HOME=/export/home/nagios
PATH=/export/home/nagios/apps/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/
usr/bin:/etc:/usr/etc:/opt/local/bin:/home/ccs/qlib/bin:/usr/openwin/
bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/opt/SUNWmd/sbin:/usr/ucb
SHELL=/bin/csh
PWD=/export/home/nagios/nagios-src/nagios-3.1.2
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/export/home/nagios/apps/local/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/
local/ssl/lib:/usr/sfw/lib
CC=gcc

Configure:
 > ./configure --prefix=/export/home/nagios/apps/local/nagios --with-
nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/
lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include --with-httpd-conf=/export/home/
nagios
 > gmake all

gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNSCORE -o nagios
nagios.c broker.o nebmods.o checks.o config.o commands.o events.o
flapping.o logging.o macros-base.o netutils.o notifications.o
sehandlers.o skiplist.o utils.o retention-base.o xretention-base.o
comments-base.o xcomments-base.o objects-base.o xobjects-base.o
statusdata-base.o xstatusdata-base.o perfdata-base.o xperfdata-base.o
downtime-base.o xdowntime-base.o  ../common/snprintf.o   -L/usr/local/
lib  -lm  -lpthread -ldl -lrt
recv                                netutils.o
send                                netutils.o
socket                              netutils.o
getsockopt                          netutils.o
connect                             netutils.o
getaddrinfo                         netutils.o
freeaddrinfo                        netutils.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to nagios
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [nagios] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/nagios/nagios-src/
nagios-3.1.2/base'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

No matter what I keep getting hit with this. ANyone get past this?

Thanks,
Rich