Check_dns Error

Dei Bertine deibertine at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 02:10:56 CEST 2009

Thanks for the reply.
Here's my output:

[root at terri.csaa.com libexec]# ./check_dns -H terri.csaa.com -v
/usr/bin/nslookup -sil terri.csaa.com
Server:         10.11.109.15
Address:        10.11.109.15#53
Name:   terri.csaa.com
Address: 10.11.109.14
DNS OK: 0.005 seconds response time. terri.csaa.com returns 10.11.109.14|time=0.005352s;;;0.000000

[root at terri.csaa.com libexec]# ./check_dns -H www.yahoo.com -v
/usr/bin/nslookup -sil www.yahoo.com
Server:         10.11.109.15
Address:         10.11.109.15#53
Non-authoritative answer:
www.yahoo.com   canonical name = www.wa1.b.yahoo.com.
www.wa1.b.yahoo.com     canonical name = www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com.
Name:   www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com
Address: 209.131.36.158
DNS OK: 0.268 seconds response time. www.yahoo.com returns 209.131.36.158|time=0.267546s;;;0.000000

How come nagios still has the error...I'm confused.

Cheers.
DB