http_check with tags in hostaddress to check.

Sharada vittal.sharada at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 16:30:25 CEST 2009

Hi,

I need to check if a service is up and running on a secure server. The only
way I can do it is to check the link -

https://secure.abc.net/something/some_transaction.dll

If the service is up and running I get a message saying -
"The user ID or password is invalid"

If the service is not running, then I get aother message saying - "Service
is not running"

My http_check comamnd for this is :

$USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -u /nagios -S -s "The user ID or
password is invalid"

PROBLEM:
Hostaddress is secure.abc.net

How do I send something/some_transaction.dll also in the link?

I did read something about '-k 'option with check_http...could please help
me with an example using '-k' iff that's indeed a solution for this problem.

Thanks!