Error

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Tue Aug 11 14:35:01 CEST 2009

2009/8/11 Jnaneshwar Bantanur <jnaneshwar.bantanur at kavach.net>:
> Hi All
>
> I have configured nagios on Gentoo.Now when I try to remove the nagios
> by using command
> "emerge -C  nagios
>
> Now whenever I want to want to access other applications,I get the
> following error.It asks for the following user name and password for
> authentication.
>
> User name :
>
> Password  :
>

> I don't know why I am getting this access required page.while I have
> removed nagios.

I expect you will find the answer in your apache configuration.  I'm
not familiar with Gentoo, but on Ubuntu the relevant configs for
Nagios authentication are usually found in the file
/etc/apache2/conf.d/nagios.conf .  If that file exists, try deleting
it (take a backup first of course) then restart or reload your apache
instance.  You might find your apache configs under /etc/httpd or
elsewhere depending on how apache is packaged for Gentoo.

hth,

Jim