Disable email notifications, keep all sound options

Brian brian at texnet.com
Mon Aug 10 23:16:20 CEST 2009

I've been using Nagios for 5 or 7 years, currently monitor 600 or 700
hosts/services on this host, with a few custom plugins for mysql (as an
example), 3rd party plugins like Jboss JMX checks.

Just installed nagios 3.1.2 from source, which is an "upgrade" from a
Debian installed 2.6 on the same server.

I basically took *most* of my 2.6 configs and copied to 3.1.2, the
configuration differences between the "Nagios way", "Debian way" with a
mix of "My way" may have caused me to overlook something or things have
changed (didn't spot anything in the changelogs).

On 2.6 I defaulted to disable email, SMS alerts and turned them on for
only mission critical host/service checks (a couple dozen). All my sound
options stayed on for all hosts and services.

In 3.1.2 when I disable notifications, all my sound options show "no
speaker".

What's changed, what could I have missed, what can I change to re-create
this behavior?

Suggestions welcome and encouraged ;~)>

TIA

believed to be clean.