Monitor Windows 2003 using nagios + SNMP

arly arly arlytex at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 14:59:25 CEST 2009

Hi Kevin,

thank you for extensive mail and time you spent on it.

-- Yes, I enabled SNMP on windows server, set up comunity name, and
all necessary stuff---I have working configuration
 for SNMP on machines which are not behind firewal and it works,and I
just did copy/paste.

--- Yes, it uses nat, and I am specifiying firewal's address in check-command
When I am using check_nrpe + NSCClient++ on port 5666 it works

--- Not so much specific information, than usual, but with SNMP I do
not need some addiional software, only stuff
from included in Windows + Prolinat plugins from HP web site.

I would use NSCClient++ and various stuff, but I am just small
sys-admin and other ( higher ISO levels :):) ) are not satisfied with
" some " plugins, they trust more Microsoft.

Regarding Nagios, I persued them to use, and they will just get web
link to browse what they are interested for.
So this is reason why I would like to monitoring using SNMP on windows
machines---it is already included in Windows 2003 server

I will take a look into plugins you are writing. Thank you for links.

Kind regards,

Arlytex