experience with check_sasraid_megaraid for Dell PERC 4?

Bo Gusman mlist at bogusville.us
Thu Apr 30 23:44:23 CEST 2009

Thanks for your reply, James.

Your recipe for installation was perfect.

I did encounter two problems, 1 of which I solved (though I don't
understand why I needed to do it.)

Initially running check_sasraid_megaraid from the command line on the
Nagios box to get the help output complained

    "Can't find utils.pm in @INC"

Comparing that script against many others in the nagios/libexec
directory showed that many others used utils.pm (which was also in the
nagios/libexec dir), and they found it just fine. I eventually added
"use lib /usr/local/groundwork/nagios/libexec" to the script and that
solved that particular problem. I'm not sure why this was necessary,
given that all of the scripts (that I checked, in any case), including
check_sasraid_megaraid were identical in usage of utils.pm.

The second is that when running

    ./check_sasraid_megaraid.pl -H bullwinkle -T megaraid --debug

it fails:

    alert: CRITICAL
    snmp error: Requested table is empty or does not exist
    Megaraid UNKNOWN - could not retrieve snmp table
.1.3.6.1.4.1.3582.1.1.2.1.3

Initially I had opened ports 161 TCP so I thought that might be the
problem, but changing them to UDP only changes the speed with which I
get the failure (the timeout was operative before). I've checked that
both percsnmpd and snmpd are running and snmpd.conf has the appropriate
entry.

Do you have other hints that may help me?

Thanks again.

    Bo