experience with check_sasraid_megaraid for Dell PERC4?

Bo Gusman mlist at bogusville.us
Thu Apr 30 21:05:02 CEST 2009

Thanks for your quick reply, Seth.

I did look at this but it seems that it requires OpenManage to be
installed on the monitored server. Is that right? That gives me some
concern over performance - I've heard (but have no experience with) that
OM is something of a resource hog - java based? Our servers are VM hosts
for a variety of other things and I'm reluctant to add yet more load for
the simple need to check that status of the RAID arrays.

I appreciate your insight.

    Bo