Checking Bacula Server

Masopust, Christian christian.masopust at siemens.com
Tue Apr 28 22:09:06 CEST 2009

Hello Eduardo,

your command-line is wrong:

[root at atvies00nx etc]# ../libexec/check_bacula -h
Copyright (C) 2005 Christian Masopust
Written by Christian Masopust (2005)

Version: 2.2.6 (10 November 2007) i686-pc-linux-gnu redhat Enterprise release

Usage: check_bacula [-d debug_level] -H host -D daemon -M name -P port
       -H <host>     hostname where daemon runs
       -D <daemon>   which daemon to check: dir|sd|fd
       -M <name>     name of monitor (as in bacula-*.conf)
       -K <md5-hash> password for access to daemon
       -P <port>     port where daemon listens
       -dnn          set debug level to nn
       -?            print this message.

so, for example, checking director you need:

/check_bacula -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -D dir -M <name of monitor> -K $USER2$ -P 9101

for sd:

check_bacula -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -D sd -M <name of monitor> -K $USER2$ -P 9103

christian

--
"I sense much NT in you, NT leads to Blue Screen.
Blue Screen leads to downtime, downtime leads to suffering. NT is the path to the darkside."

- Unknown Unix Jedi