Check Service at a specific time...

Sean McAfee smcafee at collaborativefusion.com
Tue Apr 28 13:57:45 CEST 2009

Gavin Williams wrote:
> HI there,
>

> I’ve got a requirement to run a service check at a specific time of day.
> This is to check a backup log and ensure they have run correctly…
>
> This check needs to be run at this time each and every day…

I accomplish the same thing with a combination of a severely restricted
time period:

define timeperiod{
         timeperiod_name oncedaily
         alias           For Running Checks Daily
         monday          08:40-09:00
         tuesday         08:40-09:00
         wednesday       08:40-09:00
         thursday        08:40-09:00
         friday          08:40-09:00
         saturday        08:40-09:00
         sunday          08:40-09:00
         }

The checks that use this have a normal_check_interval of 30 minutes.
This results in them being scheduled for a single run at 8:40A every day.

--
Sean McAfee
System Engineer