hint on service dependency configuration

Frank Altpeter frank.altpeter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:20:19 CEST 2009

Hi,

2009/4/27 Assaf Flatto <assaf.flatto at ssp-intl.com>:
> What you want is like what you put in the example above but you want to change it to
>
>  define servicedependency {
>         host_name                              *
>        service_description                     NRPE
>        dependent_host_name             *
>        dependent_service_description   DISKS,SWAP,USERS
>        execution_failure_criteria      w,u,c,p
>        notification_failure_criteria   o,w,u,c,p
>  }

Hmmm, you're right, this is indeed working. Didn't think so, because
my first tests failed, but after all, it looks like there were some
other configuration mistakes in it.

However, given the above example, wouldn't that mean, that - if I
define two hosts named web01 and web02 for example - that if the nrpe
check on web01 fails, it would also suppress DISKS notifications of
web02 ? I'm not sure how this is handled internally by nagios to
prevent such scenarios ... and I think it wouldn't be good if a full
disk on one of the servers wouldn't generate notifications if another
host's nrpe daemon check is suppressing this.

--
Le deagh dhùraghd,

        Frank Altpeter

There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.
    -- Buddha