Nagios Web interface show hosts/services status to specific/contacts user only, not all hosts/services

mohandas.k at tcs.com mohandas.k at tcs.com
Mon Apr 27 14:43:25 CEST 2009

Hi All,

It's working now....actually I have wrongly mentioned group name in
conatcts.cfg file, same I have rectified and now defined contact is able
to view his/her associated/referenced host/services only not all
host/resources.

Thanks.......:)

Mohandas K/TVM/TCS
04/27/2009 05:54 PM

Marc Powell <marc at ena.com>
cc
Nagios Users <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] Nagios Web interface show hosts/services status      to
specific/contacts user only, not all hosts/services

Hi Marc,

You are right. we can not restrict to look all hosts/services in Nagios
web interface by modifying cgi.cfg file. can you please share any related
document or link where I can check for this requirement ?

Marc Powell <marc at ena.com>
04/27/2009 05:39 PM

On Apr 27, 2009, at 3:52 AM, Ortner, Gerald wrote:

> [...]
{more cgi.cfg refrences removed)

Nothing in cgi.cfg *restricts* what can be seen. The parameters here
only grant full access to particular types of objects.

The OP needs to look at the docs for enabling authorization for the
CGI's. That will allow him/her to restrict based on contact settings.

--
Marc

reporting any issue.

ForwardSourceID:NT00002406