service event handler passing null macro values?

Rex Chan rex at ish.com.au
Mon Apr 27 05:22:18 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I've been playing trying to get service event handlers running
following the sample script in the nagios manual but I'm running into a
problem where the macros return null values.

The event handler command is:

define command {
       command_name			restart_phptunnel
       command_line			/usr/local/etc/periodic/restart_phptunne $SERVICESTATE$ $SERVICESTATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$ I looked
}

In the logs:

[1240797599] SERVICE EVENT
HANDLER:delish;tunnel_splash_phpmydmin;(null);(null);(null);restart_phptunnel

Is there a known issue with this or is there more I have to do get the macros working?

This on a FreeBSD machine with Nagios 3.0.6 from ports.

--

Rex Chan