How configure Nagios to send periodic notifications?

Arnau arnaulist at andromeiberica.com
Fri Apr 24 16:48:39 CEST 2009

Hi all,

  Since few weeks ago we use Nagios as monitoring system and everytime
there is a problem it notifies sending an email. We have a system that
parses those emails and using a text to speech system it makes a phone
call. To be sure that the alarm system is running we have periodic calls
launched by emails programmed as cron tasks. I'm worried that some of
the Nagios notifications could be lost or even it wouldn't sent any
notification, so I'd like to launch to substitute those cron emails by
Nagios "fake" notifications or something similar.

  Do you know if there is a way to force Nagios to send a notification
periodically?

Thank you very much