HTTP server authentication requirements for accessing this CGI.

Jimmyboy jimmyjose2980 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:04:49 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have installed Apache2.2.9 using the source file '*
Apache2_2.2.9.orig.tar.gz*'.
Nagios 3.0.6 is also installed on Ubuntu Intrepid OS using the Quickstart
Guide. I am able to open http://localhost/nagios.

However, certain entities on the left pane, such as '*Process Info*', '*Network
Outages*', etc are not getting opened. They error out with the following
message.

"It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any
of the hosts you requested... If you believe this is an error, check the
HTTP server authentication requirements for accessing this CGI and check the
authorization options in your CGI configuration file."
I followed http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2002/09/26/nagios.html?page=3.
Configuration of *httpd.conf *says ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/
/usr/local/nagios/sbin/. But, I do not have a directory 'cgi-bin' under
nagios directory. Morever, I do not see the 'sites-available' &
other directories named similarly under my
*/usr/local/apache2/conf*directory. Will that be a problem?

But, still, I am at same stage. Anyone, any idea, how to go about?
Thanks,
Jim