Permissions problem

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Thu Apr 23 22:24:47 CEST 2009

By the way, for further info see the xinetd man page, which (on my
system, anyway) states:

group
    determines the gid for the server process. The group name must exist
    in /etc/group. If a group is not specified, the group of user will
    be used (from /etc/passwd). This attribute is ineffective if the
    effective user ID of xinetd is not super-user.

Note that it's only going to use the primary group. Other group rights
are dropped.