Notification Problems

CSingh at lightspeedresearch.com CSingh at lightspeedresearch.com
Thu Apr 23 21:35:15 CEST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Powell [mailto:marc at ena.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 2:58 PM
To: Nagios Users Mailinglist
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Notification Problems

On Apr 23, 2009, at 1:28 PM, <CSingh at lightspeedresearch.com> wrote:

> I am unable to get notifications to work at all on a recently setup
> nagios 3.0.6 on RHEL 5.3. I used nconf to generate the configs.
> Here are the relevant configuration entries and log file outputs.
>

> Configs:

Configs look correct unless I missed something. Where did you pull
them from? You might check objects.cache to make sure things are as
you believe for the service definition and contact definition. You
could also check the GUI for the service and program-wide settings to
make sure notifications weren't disabled there dynamically.

--
Marc

Marc, thanks for pointing me to objects.cache. The problem was "n" in
host_notification_options and service_notification_options inside
contact definition.

                host_notification_options             d,u,r,f,n

                service_notification_options          w,u,c,r,f,n

It seems to be the default option when configured with nconf.
Notifications look good now.

Regards,
Charanbeer

------

server and web deployment.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects
reporting any issue.

This email is intended only for the named person or entity to which it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this email or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please delete it from your system immediately and notify the sender. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors
 or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of email transmission.