NLG but first..

Andy Shellam andy-lists at networkmail.eu
Thu Apr 23 21:25:35 CEST 2009

Hi Craig,

> Thanks for the reply and for the welcome..  I like the look and feel of NLG 110, the more I look
> at it the more I like it, I have mailed Andy asking for help on the filters as their was no
> documentation with this verion, however with his site being down I don't hold out much hope of his
> return mail.

I'm still around, I've been busy on some other projects so my personal
website had taken a back seat unfortunately and when the database server
died a few weeks ago I didn't see much point in reviving it.  I keep
meaning to put a page up to redirect people to Nagios Exchange for NLG
until I get around to putting up a new version of the site.

I don't recall having received any e-mails off you but they may not have
been getting through before the database server went pop!  Anyway feel
free to e-mail me off-list (remove "-lists" from my mailing list e-mail
address.)

> Has anybody in this group got the filters working at all.

If you describe what you're looking to achieve with the NLG filters I'll
guide you as best I can.  I'd recommend reading the filters-howto.txt
file in the root of the NLG distribution and examining the samples in
the "server/sync-files/s3_filter.inc.php" and
"server/sync-files/s3_filter_auth.inc.php" files.

If you're looking to restrict users to certain hosts/services/filters,
you'll also need to have enabled Apache authentication for both the NLG
server and client.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Regards,
Andy