only_from = 127.0.0.1

Martyn martyn at chetnet.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 11:07:06 CEST 2009

Can anybody tell me how I use domains names instead of IP address in the
nrpe file, I have read somewhere that you can use tcp wrappers which I have
tried.

My nrpe file looks like this:

# default: on
service nrpe
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream
        port            = 5666
        wait            = no
        user            = nagios
        group           = nagios
        server          = /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe
        server_args     = -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg --inetd
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        disable         = no
        only_from       = 127.0.0.1
}

And my hosts.allow looks like

#
# hosts.allow   This file describes the names of the hosts which are
#               allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
#               by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
#
nrpe: 17.0.0.1 monitor.domain.co.uk

But I'm still getting Could not complete SSL handshake, is the above
configuration correct or can I not use domain names instead of IP's

Thanks

Martyn