Viewing problems of one type

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Apr 22 14:01:27 CEST 2009

On Apr 21, 2009, at 7:29 PM, Nick Urbanik wrote:

> Dear Folks,
>
> Thank you for a great monitoring system.
>
> We have nagios monitoring a large number of hosts (1646).  We
> want to be able to display problems of one type: specifically, the
> service is 'Web Certificates'; I would like to restrict the status
> display to just these.
>
> Please can you suggest a way of doing this?
>
> We are using Version 1.2.

You are using a very very old version of nagios. The closest you could
get with that version is creating a hostgroup of all hosts that have
that service.

Nagios-3 has servicegroups that are what you are looking for I believe
-- http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectdefinitions.html#servicegroup

--
Marc