Customising colours

David Willson nzamoeba at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 04:00:08 CEST 2009

Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:17:49 +0200
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Customising colours
From: ctemple at merethis.com
To: nzamoeba at hotmail.com
CC: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net

2009/4/20 David Willson <nzamoeba at hotmail.com>

At our lab we currently have the Nagios Service Overview page displayed on a large screen for all users to see, this way they can tell when a particular box is down.

My boss is wondering if there is some way to adjust the colour scheme so that when something becomes 'Acknowledged' it displays as blue, instead of red.

So far I've changed the values for items such as .statusHOSTDOWNACK background-color to #33FFFF in the status.css file, however it only shows that blue colour on certain windows, and not the Service Overview window which is our main one.

Is what I'm trying to do possible? I only have a passing knowledge of css and html, so if it requires an extensive re-write it's probably not going to be practical.
Hi,

May be you can try another theme for Nagios:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed%2F1723.html;d=1
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed%2F2969.html;d=1

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed%2F2737.html;d=1

Regards

--
Cédric Temple | Chef de Projet

--
Unfortunately those theme's have the same problem, and my feeble attempts at editing them only solve half the problem. In the HostGroup Overview page, it still highlights the Down but Acknowledged host as red, when I edit the status.css file so that any line that references something as being acknowledged shows blue, it only shows that blue on particular pages.

Interestingly, on the Host Detail page, where it lists every host in a large table, the hostname part of the line is still red, but the rest of the info (last check, duration, info etc) is highlighted in blue. And it's the hostname part of the display in the Hostgroup overview page that I'm trying to get blue. Would what I'm asking for require a total rewrite of how the acknowledgments are referenced in the web interface?

Earning enough? Find out with SEEK Salary Survey
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsalarysurvey%2Emsn%2Eseek%2Eco%2Enz%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Atl%3Asknzsal%3Amsnnz%3A0%3Ahottag%3Aearn%5Fenough&_t=757263783&_r=Seek_NZ_tagline&_m=EXT