Odd errors in nagios.log

Marc Ismael marcismael at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:03:37 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Martin A. Brooks <martin at antibodymx.net>wrote:

> Jim Avery wrote:
> > You don't have more than one instance of the Nagios daemon running do
> > you?  Try stopping the Nagios daemon, make sure all instances of
> > nagios are stopped (using ps -ef | grep nagios), and kill any which
> > remain then start the Nagios daemon using /etc/init.d/nagios start .
>
> I looked for the before, and there's definitely only one nagios instance
> running.   The problem persists across nagios restarts and reboots.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
>   Consultant    |  martin at antibodymx.net      | filtering. Inoculate
>  antibodymx.net  |  m: +447792493388           | your mail system.

try playing around with your check_result_reaper_* timings. I have a feeling
that your check results are already stale before the reaper gets a chance to
process them.

tip: for a while, try setting max_check_result_file_age to 0 and see if
you'd still get these errors. if not, then its a timing misconfiguration.

cheers,
Marc.I