Fwd: Apache Server configuration for Nagios 3.0

Jimmyboy jimmyjose2980 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 21:24:52 CEST 2009

Hi James,

You are right. '/etc/httpd/conf.d/' does not exist. Unfortunately, I do not
know how to find out the directory, Apache on my system refers to
'/etc/httpd/conf.d/'.

However, I successfully keyed in the 'ScriptAlias' and 'Alias' directives
into my '/usr/local/apache2/httpd.conf' config file (I reinstalled Apache to
the default location). Still, I am getting the same error on doing a 'sudo
make install-webconf'.

=-=-=-=

I had raised a query on the Apache forum, on which of *apache2.conf* and *
httpd.con*f is the *config file* of Apache. I got an answer stating that it
depends on type of installation method followed. If the source files
(.tar.gz) are used, then it is *httpd.conf*, else, *apache2.conf*. So, it is
true in my case.

Based on this, I observed an already installed Nagios setup on a different
machine. It's *config file* is *apache2.conf* (again true, it was installed
using Synaptic Package Manager).

So, I was thinking to try installing using the 'Synaptic Package Manager' or
'apt-get'. However, both aren't working for me. Though I am able to proxy
the internet (sitting behind a proxy server), Synaptic & sudo apt-get say,
they cannot resolve 'archive.ubuntu.com', etc.

Any idea, how to go about?

Thanks,
Jim

=-=-=-=