MySQL replication status plugin

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Wed Apr 15 11:33:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

15.04.2009 11:06, Gabriel - IP Guys wrote:

> Good morning guys, (and girls), I hope all is well. I’ve been given the
> task to, and I quote – “Write a Nagios plugin to test the replication
> status of two servers by
> comparing the position on the master to that on the slave”

I don't know about the "position" question, but my check_mysql from
the standard plugins 1.4.11 tells me this:

  -S, --check-slave
     Check if the slave thread is running properly.
  -w, --warning
     Exit with WARNING status if slave server is more than INTEGER
seconds behind master
  -c, --critical
     Exit with CRITICAL status if slave server is more then INTEGER
seconds behind master

So why not check if that is what you need?

> To save myself a lot of work, I’d like to know if anything has been done
> in this arena already, I would be over the moon, if someone has beaten
> me to it, but I am so not in the mood to write one!

Arno

> ---
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Mr Gabriel