Is Clientless monitoring possible

Antoine Musso antoine.musso at laposte.fr
Tue Apr 14 14:03:28 CEST 2009

Sudhakar_B at i2.com a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have installed nagios on one of the system running redhat. Our network
> has around 25-30 server incluing windows and other network devices such
> as switches etc.
>
> Please let me know if we can monitor the server (Including windows)
> without installing any client on the remote host.

hello,

Your routers and switches most probably support SNMP which you can use
to monitor your devices. It is just a matter of configuration.

For MS Windows, you will need the SNMP Service :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324263
http://www.loriotpro.com/ServiceAndSupport/How_to/InstallWXPAgent_EN.php

cheers,

--