Business objects plugin

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Tue Apr 14 14:26:40 CEST 2009

2009/4/14 Deborah Martin <Deborah.Martin at kognitio.com>:
> Folks,
>
> Does anyone know if a plugin exists for Business Objects.
>
> We have a requirement to replicate end users and their use of Business
> Objects so that we can determine if they are receiving a service
>
> within their agreed SLA.
>
> Basically, we want Nagios to connect to the BO environment and actually run
> a BO report in the same way as the end user.
>
> I've googled but so far not seen anything that can help.
>
> If anyone has any ideas, pointers etc, it would be really appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> deborah

Searching for Business Objects at http://nagiosexchange.org shows
there is a plugin check_bo.pl available there.  I wouldn't have a clue
whether it would help in your particular case though.

If the application has a web interface, I expect you could try
WebInject http://www.webinject.org/ to script the end user monitoring
and return results back to Nagios.  I keep meaning to try WebInject
myself sometime, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

hth,

Jim