APC UPS Monitoring Setup.

David A. ti1ion2005 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 23:56:00 CEST 2009

Thank you, James.

Turns out I had two problems.

I edited my command definition in the commands.cfg file to match yours (I
actually had that at one point, but changed it when I could not the plugin
to work!)

I then used the switch.cfg sample file to set up the host, group and service
definitions.

And that is when I discovered my second problem.  After editing the
nagios.cfg file to include a pointer to my ups monitoring config file I ran
the verification command (/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg) and got the same darned WARNING (null
value on line 48) message I have been getting all weekend!  I don't know
what made me do it this time, but I decided to check the nagios.cfg file for
errors.  I had an error in my pointer line -- used a "-" isntead of an "=".
$%&@#$*!

Sigh.  All is well now.

Thanks again.  And I ran out this morning and picked up Wolfgang Barth's
book on Nagios to assist me with the rest of my configurations.