Integrating host notes into Nagios html...

Marco Tirado marco.tirado at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 21:46:56 CEST 2009

Actually it is the notes_url you are interested in, this is a variable you
can set in the host definition.

The action url is normally used to display extra actions for a host, this is
normally a pnp graph with the host performance data from pnp4nagios,
nagiosgraph or some other graphing plugin.

>From the nagios documentation:

*notes_url: This variable is used to define an optional URL that can be used
to provide more information about the host. If you specify an URL, you will
see a red folder icon in the CGIs (when you are viewing host information)
that links to the URL you specify here. Any valid URL can be used. If you
plan on using relative paths, the base path will the the same as what is
used to access the CGIs (i.e. **/cgi-bin/nagios/). This can be very useful
if you want to make detailed information on the host, emergency contact
methods, etc. available to other support staff.
*
//Marco