Compliance: Re: check_snmp memory leak

Chris Beattie cbeattie at geninfo.com
Mon Apr 13 17:29:48 CEST 2009

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com wrote:

> The real question, though, is since you're using Cent OS, why not use the
> Nagios RPM's available via yum repository?  It makes upgrading and keeping
> track of dependencies a breeze.

A long time ago I got frustrated with a package provider installing
Nagios in a different location.  I'd been compiling Nagios from source
since the NetSaint days, so I just went back to doing what I'd always
done.  That's worked on Red Hat 7.x, various Fedora versions, RHEL4,
CentOS 5.x, and Debian so far.

I do use the disto provider's mechanisms to take care of Nagios'
dependencies, however.  That does make life much easier than the RPM
Hell days!

--
Chris Beattie