NRPE_NT Checks on Mapped Network Drive

Michael McCoy mmccoy at cedarville.edu
Thu Apr 9 18:21:23 CEST 2009

For off let me say this is my first mailing list, so I'm new at this, so please excuse any mailing list etiquette that I violate :-)

I am attempting to monitor the file count of a directory on a remote Windows XP machine.  I have installed NRPE_NT on the remote box and check_nrpe on my Nagios machine.  The two are talking to one another fine.  The problem is that the directory that I need to monitor is on a mapped network drives.  Here is the command I am running...

command[directory_file_count]=c:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe //NoLogo //T:30 c:\temp\nagioschecks\file_count.wsf g: \folder1\folder2\ 0 10

Basically if run this command from the DOS command line on the XP machine it works fine.  Once I try to run the command from check_nrpe on the Nagios host it gives me the following error...

c:\temp\nagioschecks\file_count.wsf(123, 2) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Path not found

I have switched out the G:\folder1\folder2 for c:\temp in the command and Nagios checks it fine, so the problem is with the network drive.  I have looked into the NRPE_NT service itself and changed the log on account for it to one that should be able to see the drives and still nothing.  Any assistance would be helpful, thank you!