Centreon

Cedric Temple ctemple at merethis.com
Thu Apr 9 15:47:57 CEST 2009

2009/4/9 Christopher McAtackney <cristoir at gmail.com>

> Hi all,

Hi,

> Does anyone have any experience using Centreon? http://www.centreon.com/
>
> It seems like a really nice front-end to Nagios, but I'd like to hear
> of other people's experiences using it before installing and setting
> it up.

I use it since the first version. It was named "oreon" before. I think you
should give it a try, it's a really good project. Maybe it is difficult to
install the first time but you have some documentation to help you:
http://en.doc.centreon.com/Setup

Then you have to understand that Centreon overwrites all nagios cfg files.
Some people disagree this kind of feature because they want to modify the
nagios cfg files by hand... but if it is not a problem for you, go!

Give it a try, if you have questions, the forum may help you:
http://forum.centreon.com/

Hope it helps.