Monitor netstat connection states using nagios.

asam30 at gmail.com asam30 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 15:26:01 CEST 2009

Hi,

I did copy the scipt to the remote host as check_netstat and used check_nrpe
method to excute from nagios server. It looks when executing the command on
remote server works well,

[root at airlin libexec]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_netstat
WARNING - STATUS= TIME_WAIT port status on airlin | WARNING -
STATUS=TIME_WAIT port status on airlin

as there are some TIME wait connections on port 80. but from the nagios
server, it always reports that the port is up and no TIME wait connections
established. This is wrong.

[root at lnx-nagios libexec]#  /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H
172.16.17.18 -c check_netstat
OK - The port is up and running NO established connections on airlin

It looks something is worng between with nagios server or nrpe plug ins.

please help me

thanks

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2009, at 6:06 AM, asam30 at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > this scripts runs locally and find the nagios servers apache port
> > status not the monitored servers apache port. how would configure so
> > that it should go to nagios client and get those port TIME_WAIT
> > status.
>
> You'll need to copy the script to the remote host then use one of the
> standard remote plugin execution methods (NRPE, check_by_ssh, etc) to
> run it from nagios on the remote host.
>
> --
> Marc

> reporting any issue.