monitor primergy servers with esx

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:43:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at arcor.de> wrote:

> What exactly is your 'disk array'?  A SAN?  I have a script for nagios 3
> which checks the sensors (temperature, voltages, etc.) via SNMPv1 on a fsc
> FibreCat SX san and a Brocade fibre switch.  I don't know, though, how I can
> check the disk health this way.

this is just the system installation of the esx servers. It's a raid 1
sas array. I need to know when the disks go south because the whole
datacenter is moving to a cybercenter where we longer can rely on the
typical visual checks when changing the tapes.

> I think I will upload that script to nagiosexchange, if you think you could
> use it...

please, do upload it. I have (at this point) no use for it, but I am
sure someone else will. Nagios is great because of all the plugins.

--
Natxo