monitor primergy servers with esx

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:38:03 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Giorgio Zarrelli <giorgio at zarrelli.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I told you, all depends on the richness of the MIB. Find the MIB for your
> server and send it to me. With that in my hands I will be able to tell you if
> you can do that.

Hi Giorgio,

thanks again for your input. I have found a RAID.mib (unfortunately,
it is not in the esx rpm package, but in the windows package). I have
copied it to the net-snmp collection of mibs and am reviewing it. If
you will like to have it I will send it off list (it's a bit big to
send to everyone on the list).

I am going through it and it looks promising.

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.sni.sniProductMibs.fscRAIDMIB.svrObjects.svrStatus.svrStatusLogicalDrives.0
= ok

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.sni.sniProductMibs.fscRAIDMIB.svrObjects.svrStatus.svrStatusPhysicalDevices.0
= ok

Tomorroy I will try removing some disks from the server and check if
those result change as well when the disks are not there.

As soon as I get a working script to check the health of the disks I
will post it for review in nagiosexchange (I can code some Perl, but
am no Perl expert, just a sysadmin trying to control a crazy
environment).

Natxo Asenjo