monitor primergy servers with esx

Giorgio Zarrelli giorgio at zarrelli.org
Tue Apr 7 17:01:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

first find the right mib describing your hardware. Second step, enable snmp v3
on your fujitsu and at the end you write a script.

Actually I wrote a nagios plugin to check memory and cpu of F5 BigIP and
another for monitoring bandwidth via snmp. all resides on finding the right
oids which match the values you are going to collect through snmpget.

To collect a value, for bandwidth, let's say, I use such a string:

SPEED=`/usr/bin/snmpget -v 3 -t 1 -r 5 -m '' -v 3 -l authPriv -a MD5 -u
${LOGIN} -A ${PASSWORD} -x DES -X ${PASSWORD} ${HOST}:161
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.${IFINDEX} | cut -d " " -f 4`

Giorgio