Change bcc to cc for notifications

Matt Nelson matt at frozenatom.com
Mon Apr 6 20:33:18 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Jake <jakepaulus at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have this need as well and decided to make a fake contact in each
> contact group with a distribution list as the email address. The
> purpose here is that folks can reply-all with problem notes as
> resolution progresses beyond the initial ack.
>
> On 4/6/09, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Apr 6, 2009, at 11:45 AM, Matt Nelson wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a way to change the notifications that go out to multiple
> >> contact groups to cc all the groups?  It looks like it is either
> >> bcc'ing the groups or sending individual notifications to each group.
> >
> > Nagios is evaluating and sending notifications on a per-contact basis.
> > It fully processes each contact, including sending the notification,
> > before moving on to the next. This is done because each contact can
> > have different contact options and time periods. Notification grouping
> > would require more complex logic just to fulfill a niche need.
> >
> > There's nothing built in to nagios to allow for the notification
> > grouping that you want nor are there add on projects that provide it
> > that I know of. Such an add-on would need to receive notifications,
> > group them by problem then somehow determine that nagios has sent to
> > all the recipients (a specific interval after first notification) and
> > then create the real notification.
> >
> > Nagios Notification Daemon (http://nlchiintmg.com/nan.php) is sort-of
> > like what you need, but not it.
> >
> > --
> > Marc

> reporting
> > any issue.
> >

> --
> Sent from my mobile device
>
> Jake Paulus
> JakePaulus at gmail.com

> reporting any issue.

I've thought about doing that but have not done it yet because we have so
many different combinations of notification groups.

I have thought of adding a "MailTo" in the email that would have the list of
contacts that I could build from, but that only lists groups that the
recipient is part of.

I have also thought of writing something like nan, that would gather
notifications and send every say 10-15 seconds anything that is older then
say 20 seconds, and group the email by body and subject, and lump the
contacts into the Cc field...