Help please - test works fine EXCEPT over NRPE???

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Fri Apr 3 00:24:12 CEST 2009

So, you're stating that you've got other nrpe checks working fine on the
clients and that nrpe is running under xinetd?  If not, try running nrpe as
a standalone daemon.

Next step, open the log files and check_logs.pl script  to the user nobody
so you avoid have to run the script under a sudo call...

James Moseley

             Andrew Davis
             <nccomp at gmail.com
                                       "nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
             04/02/2009 05:08          "
             PM                        <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net

                                                                        cc
             Please respond to
             nccomp at gmail.com                                      Subject
                                       Re: [Nagios-users] Help please -
                                       test works fine EXCEPT over NRPE???

I've checked /etc/sudoers, /etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg, /etc/xinetd.d/nrpe, and
the script itself (/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_logs.pl) and none have
any "tty" strings in them for me to comment out.

  A. Davis
  Email:     nccomp at gmail.com