nagios 3.0.3 on FreeBSD defunct process

Jonathan Call jcall at verio.net
Thu Apr 2 21:21:48 CEST 2009

That sounds very familiar to the locking/contention issue FreeBSD 7.x has with Nagios 2.x. It has to do with how Nagios and FreeBSD handle threading. Unfortunately I don’t have any answers on how to fix it. I’ve had to leave my Nagios deployment on FreeBSD 6/Nagios 2 for the same reason: anything newer would lock up due to defunct Nagios processes.

Jonathan