Each switch in a file .cfg

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Apr 2 20:13:21 CEST 2009

On Apr 2, 2009, at 1:02 PM, Renato Krause wrote:

> I started one job with a NAGIOS at a big network. My first ideia was
> monitoring all switchs on this network.
> I put all switch configuration in the file:
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/switch.cfg
> I hope that I can create configuration files to each switch, one file
> per switch, and make a reference  to switchs on this file:
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg.

Yes, you can, using either cfg_file directives (one per switch cfg
file), or better yet, one cfg_dir directive pointing to the directory
with all the switch cfg files.

> In this file i  uncomment a line
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/switch.cfg to make use actual
> configuration. I tried made a reference to other files, that i had
> created but the Nagios don´t restarted with other references in
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg.

If you're reporting a problem here, it's necessary to include the
actual error nagios is reporting. You can use '/path/to/nagios -v /
path/to/nagios.cfg' for more verbose config checking...

--
Marc