How to upgrade nagios Version 2.12 ?

Taylor Dondich tdondich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:52:38 CEST 2009

If you want to start using a web tool, Lilac can import Nagios 2.x
configurations and export Nagios 3.x.  www.lilacplatform.com

Taylor

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:39 AM, RijilV <rijilv at riji.lv> wrote:
> 2009/4/1 J. Bakshi <joydeep at infoservices.in>:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> Hope you all are well.
>>
>> Nagios 3.x has been released :-) I'm running nagios Version 2.12 and
>> like to upgrade it to 3.x
>> Is there any script  which can convert the nagios 2.12 configuration to
>> 3.X ?
>>
>> I did the configuration manually and it was a huge work, that's why I'm
>> looking for a converter program this time.
>>
>> Thanks
>

> Really not much has changed in terms of your objective configration
> files.  There are some new features you might want to take advantage
> of, but you're under no real obligation to use them.
>
> What really changed are a couple of new lines in nagios.cfg.  Have you
> tried running your existing configs with a nagios 3.0.x binary yet?
> If you do that it'll spit out whats missing, which will be a couple of
> paths that need to be added (tmp, check result off the top of my
> head).
>
> .r'

Taylor Dondich
Check out Lilac, a configuration tool for Nagios 3 at
http://www.lilacplatform.com

Check out my Shortcut with O'Reilly Press:
Network Monitoring with Nagios:
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596528195/index.html