Can't get CHANGE_SVC_CHECK_COMMAND to work

André Bergei andre at startsiden.no
Wed Apr 1 17:02:48 CEST 2009

Hi List

Just wondering if somebody can confirm if this external command works in
  3.0.6/3.1 ?

I can get other external commands to work, but not this one.

Here's my command:

/usr/bin/printf "[%lu]
CHANGE_SVC_CHECK_COMMAND;www.somehost.com;CONTENT_AGE;check_http_vhost_content_age_night\n"
`date +%s` > /var/lib/nagios3/rw/nagios.cmd

Nagios accepts this command.

from log:
[1238597810] EXTERNAL COMMAND:
CHANGE_SVC_CHECK_COMMAND;www.overblikk.no;OVERBLIKK_CONTENT_AGE;check_http_vhost_content_age_night

But the nagios deamon keeps executing my old check command like nothing
happend.

I've tested both 3.0.6 and 3.1

Cheers
--
André Bergei - Sysadmin ABC Startsiden AS
http://www.startsiden.no