Nagios monitoring itself / outage

Sebastian Ries Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de
Fri Sep 26 07:53:29 CEST 2008

Hi

> I had this happen and the reporting and everything show it as being up
> for 39 days even though ti was down for 23 hours. ALl the other
> systems, which are remote, of course show correct up time.
>
> How can nagios figure this out?

I think your problem is not that nagios shows the wrong time. Your
problem is that as long as your nagios master is down you won't notice
if any of your servers goes down...

What you need is a second master with both checking each other...

That's the only way I know of how to solve this problem.

Regards
Sebastian Ries

DT Netsolution GmbH -  Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-36               Fax: +49-711-849910-936
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/     email: Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de