Disabling notifications or defining outages by service groups

Mohr James james.mohr at elaxy.com
Tue Sep 23 16:53:39 CEST 2008

Hi All!

We are running Nagios 3.0.1 and have several different service groups
spread across several machines. When we do software updates, we need to
disable notifications for all of the services. So far, I couldn't find a
way of disabling notifications or defining outages by service groups. Is
there a way? Am I missing something?

Since we are using NDO, I thought about reading the services for each
group out of the database and then writing to the commands file to
disable the notification. However, if something already exists, why
reinvent the wheel?

Regards,

Jim Mohr