Nagios configuraion best practice

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:05:43 CEST 2008

Thanks for the reply. I'll read the documents you listed.

Meanwhile, I have a design question: What's the best way to set up a service
check to be executed on a selected few (or maybe all for that matter) nodes?
Say I need to monitor a particular process (lets call this service A) on a
number of systems, how would I implement this? I guess one way would be to
link service A to a hostgroup, say hostgroup A, and add the selected systems
to that hostgroup. This, however, will somewhat clutter up the web display,
so I'm looking for alternative approaches.

Any suggestions?